Custom Search

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hey! Let's have Dessert in the Desert Tonight.





We had dinner with friends last evening at a nice little Italian restaurant and really enjoyed the Shrimp Scampi, the Baked Ziti, and the Chicken Pesto Fettucine.

Before we ordered, I reached for the wine menu, but it turned out to be the "Desert" menu. Because my friend knows about this blog, I pointed out the grammar error, and she smiled. "Let's see," she said, "should we try the Organ Pipe with Sand Cream this time or "stick" with the more familiar Saguaro Sorbet?"


Please remember that "desert" with one "s" is that sandy, dry place where cacti grow. If you own an Italian restaurant and want your customers to try the canoli or the spumoni, I'd strongly suggest you offer a "Dessert" menu.


Fortunately for our waist lines, we didn't have time for canoli or spumoni before heading further dowtown to enjoy the hilarious "Capital Steps" review at the Alabama Theater. They do a terrific job of spoofing all aspects of politics, and with the current zany campaign season, they have plenty of material. Besides, it was a great fundraiser for WBHM, which is still my favorite radio station even though I have to sneak over to Tuscaloosa's 91.5 FM if I'm in the mood for classical music in the daytime.


No comments: