Custom Search

Thursday, March 11, 2010



One of my international readers asked a question about parallel structure that brings up a good point for all of us. She wanted to know which of these sentences is correct:

I prefer to watch movie to play video game.


I prefer to watch movie to to play video game.


My answer was that neither is correct for several reasons. Here were my suggestions for better ways to word this idea:


I prefer watching movies to playing video games.

I prefer to watch movies rather than play video games.

I would rather watch movies than play video games.


Another http://www.englishforums.com/ reader suggested another alternative that I also think is better:


I like watching movies better than playing video games.

1 comment:

download beetv apk said...

Indeed movies are great source of entertainment