Custom Search

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pink wedding cake sports four tires??

Spell checker is a wonderful tool. However, if you misspell a word in a way that creates another legitimate word, spell checker will not catch the error for you.

Here is a good typo example from the wedding column in The Birmingham News for Sunday, May 31:

Lydia's four-tired, light pink wedding cake was decorated in white fleur de lis.

I would imagine the columnist meant to write "four-tiered." TIRE is a word, and TIER is a word, but my guess is this wedding cake had four tiers rather than four tires. Spell checker would not point out the error.

REMEMBER: After running spell checker, always proofread again with your brain in gear!

1 comment:

rasheedhamza said...

This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! Probellum