Custom Search

Thursday, May 14, 2009

YOU'RE COMMENT IS BROKEN??

I have been enjoying the latest series on problogger.com, which offers great tips to those of us who are trying to improve our blogs. Today, I have a tip for the ProBlogger about a sentence that appeared in his latest post:

Shane, you’re comment is broken.

This goes back to my post last Friday about YOU, YOUR, and YOU'RE. In this sentence, the writer is referring to a comment belonging to "you." He needs the adjective form YOUR, not the contraction YOU'RE, which can only be used in a spot where YOU + ARE would fit. His sentence should read as follows:

Shane, your comment is broken.

Grammar glitches aside, the ProBlogger site (not CITE or SIGHT) is a good one, and I suggest you check it out. There is a link to it on my site.

No comments: